Thursday 13 September 2012

Hunger Games


I'm sure this is a novel most of you are familiar with even if you have not had the pleasure of reading it yourself. 'The Hunger Games' I can honestly say is such a fantastic read for those of all ages and intrests! Please do not be a skeptic and think its just a fad- believe the hype!
Having just finished the second installment ('Catching fire') of this fascinating triology I am expecting delivery of the 3rd ('Mockingjay') and I cannot wait to see how everything ties together- and how things will end for our heroine Katniss Everdeen et al. Each book has literally left me wanting more and a cliffhanger as to what will happen next?!
Without giving too much away the thing that has intrigued me most to this book is the perspective of how a post apocalyptic world might function and how the future may look.
I just cannot recommend these books enough and they are definately in the same league with great modern fiction such as Harry Potter and The Twilight saga. Seriously just a great fantasy read and perfect escapism you can get lost in but with relevant modern and futuristic ideas.
If you are not 'book person' just try it, I guarantee you'll get sucked in! My boyfriend has not completed a fiction novel since school and has never been into reading but absolutely loved it.
We watched the film version last night and it portrayed the great story and was a good reflection of the novel. Although it didnt stick to everything thing in the book they had to condense it somehow so I commend their efforts, well worth a watch!

Until next time,

Hollie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment